Your rights to cancel
From June 13th 2014 under the European Directive on distance selling, incorporated into UK Law by The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you as a customer have the right to cancel any order within 14 days from the day you receive it.
You must notify us by email or letter that you wish to cancel your order. Please see contact us tab for details.
- Your right to cancel an order for goods starts from the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive the goods.
- This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
- You must send the goods back to us at your own cost.
- Please return to: Freenet Electrical, 14-18 Leicester Street, Melton Mowbray, Leics. LE13 0PP
- The item must be returned in its original packaging. When you return the goods to us you must ensure you package the product well and include all the items you received in the original package. We recommend the parcel is insured to cover loss or damage in transit.
- You may inspect the goods in a way that would be possible in store but may not use the goods in a way other than permitted in store. For example you can unpack, assemble and turn on the goods. Using the goods goes beyond what is necessary to ascertain the nature of the goods, and is not something the consumer would do in a shop.
- You are liable for any diminished value of the goods for damage or wear and tear where the item has not just been checked but used.
We may be able to arrange to collect your item, provided we are operating this service in your local area. You will be charged our standard collection rate of £30 for this service. Please call us on 01664 502608 if you would like us to arrange a collection.
Your rights to a refund
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction.
We may make a deduction from the refund for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the goods have been used. The extent to which you can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than –
- (a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods
This does not affect your statutory rights for Faulty Goods.
Returns process for Faulty Small Appliances (Up to 28 days)
To return your goods to us you first need to call the manufacturer’s helpline. This is to ensure the goods are actually faulty, as in over 80% of cases goods that are first thought to be faulty are experiencing initial setup errors. Often it’s because the instruction books are difficult to decipher or because the items are complicated to use that a fault is wrongly suspected. This call to the manufacturer can often resolve the issue and prevent unnecessary return, saving you time and the return costs should the product be found to be in full working order. If the manufacturer cannot resolve the problem, they may give you a returns reference number. In this instance please contact us and then complete our online return form providing details including the reference number. When you return the goods to us you must ensure you package the product well and include all the items you received in the original package.
We will arrange collection of your product and specify a date for collection, however as we are unable to specify times this will require someone to be present when the courier arrives to sign for the collection. We will only arrange one collection, therefore if you miss the courier you will be required to return the product to us at your own expense. Proof of postage is not proof of delivery, and you are strongly advised to send your parcel by courier with sufficient insurance to cover the value of the goods in this instance.
All goods are tested on return to verify the item is faulty, and always before a replacement or refund is processed. Any goods proven to be non-defective will be returned to you, and you will charged an inspection fee plus any return delivery costs.
REPAIR PROCESS (AFTER 28 DAYS)
If your product develops a fault within the supplied warranty period, please contact the manufacturer directly to arrange a repair or replacement. In most cases the manufacturer will arrange for an engineer to visit, or arrange collection of the product for repair. It may take up to 28 days to return your repaired item to you depending on the nature of the problem.
Whilst we are more than happy to return faulty items on your behalf when authorised, this can ultimately increase the overall repair time. For this reason we recommend you return any faulty products directly to the manufacturer.
Please note that your standard warranty guarantee excludes faults caused by misuse, neglect or accidental damage. Batteries and other perishable or consumable items are also excluded.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights.